Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to make animation for suspended cable

mervin_cew

Hello, i am doing my project in the university for the construction of tendon based parallel manipulator. I have constructed the system like below. and i need to run this system to that i can make it as an animation. I would like to show the movement of the platform(red) and the subtraction and extentiom of the cables when it move.

below is the sample of animation i should create.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1L1SD94E

and the components parts assembly will be:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RL7RZMEW

from the file, open the file framencable.asm to see the assembly drawing i have drawn. Right now, i am only able to move it manually by modifying the offset of the platform (dark red). I would like to make it as animation.

another 1 thing will be that a possibility for me to rolley the cable on the roller. Any idea for this?

Anyone could offer me any help or idea?Please!!

View attachment 4843

to animate in Pro/E I would use both mechanism and Pro/ANIMATEA step by step explanation might be a little much to ask....

Do you want to animate in another software like Maya?

try this ,

in proe mechanism, select drag button, and take the snap shots by moving that platform anywhere you want. Then go to DEFINE ANALYSIS click on the snapshot option at the bottom, arrange the snapshots and you will get a smooth animated movement of the platform...........

let me know ..........if that works

Hi Bart Brejcha,

I have tried using the pro-mechanism. I could move the platform by using general connection with servo motor for all 3 translations movement. The problem is, when i moved the platform using pro mechanism, the cable remain station and does not follow the platform. My requirement is just using Pro-E

Hi Cheiten,

well, that was a great idea. But, i doesn't solve my problem of making the rope move along with my platform.

Thank you.

Mervin

the rope can not move because the is no mechanism or assembly constraint in pro e for making ropes to move. you will have to use some other software

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back