Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PARTING LINE CHALLENGE

Dear Carlitos
I think that the problem is much easier than it appears. All you have to do is to insert a core, the core has to be modeled separately then you add this as mold volume. For parting line you have to model it as variable section sweep.
If you faced any problem you can send me the part to my e-mail and I will model it's mold then send you the video tutorial to your e-mail. my e-mail is [email protected].
Welcome.

This is the simple mold that will open without any slider or finger/angular cam. Just think out of the box.

it looks like you have a radius on each edge of the flat part. this is ok, but you can't split the mold at the flat plane because of the radius. if you want a sharp corner on one edge of the plane you're okay. but, if you really want that fillet then you have to split the tool at the tangent of the radius or just at the midplane between the top and bottom flat planes of the part.

also, you'll want to have enough draft on the inside of the part so that the core can properly shut off on the cavity otherwise the tool may wear excessively and/or prematurely. most tool designers want to see 3-5 degrees of draft at shuttoffs between mold halves.

Edited by: michaelpaul

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back