Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

max lines selected

thrawn7977

Hi is there a way to increase the max amount of line
entities that you can select in pro/e 3.0? right now i
think it is 10,000 but it would be nice if I could change
this to 100,000 or so. thanks

I know what you're talking about but no way to change it that I've ever heard of. I think the limit is actually 12,000. I try to never deal with draft entities in Pro/E. Not the correct program for that kind of thing.

ok thanks I know in 4.0 it is 100,000 so I was hoping there
was a way to change it we constantly have to moves
something around that is 25,000 or more entities and it is
a pain... :(

AutoMad?? never heard of it. Is there any way in pro/e or
other software I can export to, to make all the separate
line entities that make up an arc actually become an arc?
kind of like shape recognition?

wondered if it was autocad... when the 3d model is
converted to draft entities instead of pro/e making an arc
or circle it make lots of tiny straight lines....

Thrawn7977,

I suffered from this problem at my old place.... We were constanlty updating background information that surrounded/ supportted a assembly we were working on. There were various methods developed to work around this problem.

1. Use AutoCAD to generate / manipulate the info and import back into Pro E.

2. Create a draft group within Pro, you will find this much easier to move around.

3. Create a symbol in pro, again much easier to move around but can be a pain to locate.

4. Insert this information onto a sketch in the model. This one has the added bonus of being able to dimension to.

All of these methods have their pro's and con's, have a crack and see how you get on. P.S. would definately recommend doing these methods on small draft entities to start with until your familiar with each technique. Hopefully this will be clearer whilst your doing it.

Try using Draft Groups Like Ultra selected. If you can select 10 10,000 entity groups it might work out.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back