Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Modeling - Edge Display

Would you like to be able to change edge color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But the question is misleading, of course if the choice is between being able or not able to do something, I'd vote for the former. The real question should be "do you NEED to change edge colors?"

To work around this I give the part one colour, then select all surfaces of the part's geometry and set them to another colour.

<A name=OLE_LINK107></A><A name=OLE_LINK84></A><A name=OLE_LINK14></A><A name=OLE_LINK106>We sincerely hope to establish business relationship with all friends from domestic and abroad. Hope to cooperate with you and look forward to your reply soon. Welcome order our shoes, we will give you the</A> best price and services.

<A name=OLE_LINK49>Please feel free to log on to our<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /></A>
<A name=OLE_LINK105>website at </A>http://www.jordan23club.com
<A name=OLE_LINK34><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Email:jordan23club[/B]</A><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">8866@gmail.[/B]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">com[/B]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">msn: [email protected][/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]

You can mapkey the process of selection as I have.
Don't currently have it with me but will post when I find
it.

I'd suggest a config option
default_edge_color Blue or HexValue or RRR,GGG,BBB

I'd like to see a poll for favorite post signature quote.
I'm a fan of all 3 below.
Zestje "Make it idiot-proof and someone will
invent a better idiot"
dr_gallup "PTC quality philosophy: We've upped our
quality standards. Up yours."
scottym "Stupid people are like slinkies. They are
useless, but fun to push down stairs."

Note to Forum Administrator:
The Bold Icon should allow text to be selected to
embolden on select or paste entered text at cursor
location and not at end of message. This used to work
okay but then again I'm using chrome.

Michael
see what I mean
----------
[ B ] Note to Forum Administrator:[ / B ]

I have had problems visualizing shaded views. Sometimes surfaces blend together making it difficult to see two surfaces. If you change the angle to correct this, it may happen on a different pair of surfaces.

I use the following config.pro setting:

show_shaded_edges yes

This helps me out, but I think it would be a nice feature to assign edge colors.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back