Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly technique

What method of assembly technique you are using

• co-ordinate system assembly technique.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • any other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ASHOK CHAUHAN

Dear Friends;
If any body uses any differend kind of
assembly technique then plz tell me . I want to enhance my
knowledge in that are.

Regards
Ashok chauhan

I never use co-ordinate systems although many companies require it. I use mates, align, etc. but only to fundamental datums early in the model tree, never to geometry. That way, I can delete or redefine every bit of solid geometry and my assembly never fails.

Hi All,

I have and still use co-ordinate systems but limited. I used to have to assemble components in sphere for electronic buoys. I use it today if I am removing parts or reordering parts, I will do a transform and then break the parent/child relationship.

Jeff Toff

You need a both selection. There are times I use a CS and times I don't. When you set up models for automated configuration, and models sometimes need to be assemble facing 180 degrees, all controlled progamatically, I find it easiest to flip a CS.SometimesI have a CS set up at each end, because our product is not neccesarily symetrical in any one direction, and our products all hook together end to end. Just so easy to control thingsin automation with a csys. Also if you ever assemble anything using protoolkit, it is very diffictult to set up all the references. To use a cs is a one line deal. So if I am assembling items in a protoolkit program, I'm using the coordinate system.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back