Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

X Hatching Modify

Geneg

I am trying to modify spacing of x-hatch in a view on the
drawing. There are no x-hatch lines to pick up any to get
to a modifying mode.
Is there any way to pick up x-hatch, like filter of so.

WF 5.0

Thanks

Geneg said:
I am trying to modify spacing of x-hatch in a view on the

drawing. There are no x-hatch lines to pick up any to get

to a modifying mode.

I experienced the same issue, you can solve it switching from "smart select" to "X-Section" select in the selection drop down menu. I suspect all this problems are caused by the modal nature of the ribbon interface!

Paolo

I've seen this in older releases too (WF2), the default hatch size is too big for any lines to show up (way to go PTC). You can still watch the prehighlighting change from the view to the hatch and double click & get into the modify mode. Maybe it's different in WF5 but I kind of doubt it.

dr_gallup said:
I've seen this in older releases too (WF2), the default hatch size is too big for any lines to show up [...] Maybe it's different in WF5 but I kind of doubt it.

No it's different, you see the hatching and you see it highlighted but double clicking it doesn't work unless you are in the annotation pane (or layout, can't remember well) and you are not in smart-select but in x-hatch-select. This is because in the Ribbon interface everything is MODAL and context commands does not depend on context in the sense it should be (i'm hovering a note so the context is the note) but on the ribbon pane you select.

Paolo

You should also be able to move cursor over the view, hold lmb and choose "pick from list". I am wf4 so wf5 may be different.

Krow72

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back