Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Active parts

Ledawg

I have what I hope is an easy question to anwser. If you have an assembly and you are working on a certain part. Is there a way to have pro not be able to select a face that is not on your active part. For example. I have part1 active. But when I go to do a sketch it will select the face of part 2. Im my simple mind when I have something active that should be the only part that I can model on. Thanks In advance Guys.

Select Tools>Assembly Settings>Reference Control, on the Objects tab select None, and if you don't want the external items to highlight during selection on the Selection tab select All Forbidden References.

It might be that you don't have AAX but I'm not certain that controls it.
Edited by: kdem

Correct, it's the Advanced Assembly Extension which adds additional functionality. One way you might be able to tell is select Insert>Shared Data and see if Publish Geometry and Copy Geometry are available for selection. On the PTC site you can select Products>ProEngineer to see a list of extensions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back