Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Changing flexible params with assy rels

fx4snowbird

So I created a new assembly with one subassembly that I would like to make flexible with some varied parameters. I want to be able to drive one of the flexible parameters of the subassembly with a relationship in the top assembly. I tried using the session ID of the subassembly and passing the parameter that way (ex. flex_parameter:7=#), but that gives me an error saying the parameter is part driven. Is there a special way to change flexible parameters using relations or am I just going about it all wrong?

Thanks

Found the solution in case anyone else stumbles upon this:

To change varied parameters, you need to assign them an associated parameter name. To do this, right click part, go to Make Flexible.., parameters tab, choose parameters you want flexible, click 'Set displayed columns' button on lower right, choose to display "Assoc. Param", click box next to each parameter and assign a name. Now when you want to use a relation to change those flexible parameter, use the associated parameter name you assigned.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back