Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Merge from another model

cotton

Hi!

I have a problem. I often use the command "Insert - Shared data - Merge/Inheritance" to merge one part into another one in an assembly. My problem is that sometimes I want to replace the "mother model" in the merge command, but this is impossible. Is there anyone out there who can help me?

I use WF3 but this problem has been around for as long as I can remember.

Best regards!

Yes, of course there is a way round it. Rename your new model temporarily (in session) to the model that the merge should be picking up, regenerate, rename your mobel back, rename the merged model to a new part number that you want and save.

It does work - with family table members only. You can add the merge feature to a family table and select different instances from your merged part.

Can you 'Merge' object together
If it is possible for another model / parts of a model high detail, and merge information protected subd levels was thinking.

For
example, characters hand - if I hand a different 'standard' and the
many characters do I have sculpted for 'process' peices of welding
together a character and maintaining high levels of geometry may want
to use. .. It is possible.

Another example I think a head or bust is sculpted to a high level of detail that I would want to use a full body.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back