Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

conversion problem

These files are in IGES format. Hence, they can not be converted to Pro E sheet metal parts. Remodeling in Pro E is the only way out.

dear anand,

many a times it has so happened that i have recd an IGES file & i ve been able to convert it to sheetmetal & using the wall offset command, i ve been able to unbend the part.

dear jabo,

thanks for your effort.

please help mw with one more favour, i m using wildfire 2, i feel you are using 3 or 4. please convert this file in wildfire 2 version & send if possible

JABO cool man i never thought of this way out
smiley32.gif

aasher666 said:
dear jabo,

thanks for your effort.

please help mw with one more favour, i m using wildfire 2, i feel you are using 3 or 4. please convert this file in wildfire 2 version & send if possible

I did this in WF4
Sorry but unfortunately I do not have Wildfire2 loaded on my machine.

Let me know if you need some more explaining on this?
I will be happy to take you through the steps.

sanjeevkar1 said:
i tried on one (yes it is WF2) you can take this as example and work on other.

2009-07-15_074806_aa.prt.zip

You are heading in the correct direction but still taking the long way.

You only need to copy the surface to the new model and thicken it directly from there.
No need for all the blends and merge features.

Also after all those the component is still not flat completely.

You only need to thicken the copied feature and then convert to sheetmetal and unbend.
Maybe leave the formed feature in the middle of the component and only add it in afterwards as a punch feature.

look at the model tree.

I THOUGHT THE SAME BUT I HAD SURFACE SPLITS AT THE JOINTS THAT I HAD TO MEND.

AND AFTER THICKEN I GET BROKEN PART. THAT CAN'T BE CONVERTED TO SHETMETAL.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back