Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Why does PTC insist on WF #"Point Zero"

Should PTC stop saying Point Zero after Wildfire #?

• YES Just call it Wildfire # and leave out the trailing ".0"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO I think it’s fine to say 4.0 or 5.0 cause it sounds cool.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mjcole_ptc

I was watching the Videos regarding the Release of Wildfire 5 or WF5 and think adding point zero or ". 0" after saying Wildfire 5 is stupid and rather annoying so I'm voting YES cause I think it's a waste of time.

Michael

If they were following a scheme like the next rev would be 4.1 or every bug fix would change to 4.1,4.2 etc... that would be ok. The way they have it now.... get rid of the .0! I do not know many people that say "I am using wildfire 4.0" anyway, we all just say "wildfire 4".

Krow72

Maybe a third option "Dont care att all" should be added
smiley2.gif

may be at some point they would be realising a .1,.2 named software that,s why they are countinuing with that and may beit a old trend from the1.0 time and they cant leave it

<div style="text-align: center;">improving design criteria and firther tool in pro-e is nessesary don't tens about a version<br style="font-weight: bold; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">like 4.0 or 5.0
</div>

There are different build codes for wild fire 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 beyond the basic licences provided by PTC and Tristar and other distributors. For larger companies some build codes and batch files are created that use extension numbers after the decimal. So. If you have a .0 licence you are using one of the 4 or 5 style license that PTC preset.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back