Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

m90 Dell laptop

<DIV>Hi Bart,</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Sorry to hear about your M90, The newest Dell is the "
<DIV =para>Dell Precision M6400 Covet " starting at $3,800~, But you should also look at the new lenovo W700.</DIV>
<DIV =para></DIV>
<DIV =para>Have fun shopping!</DIV>
<DIV =para></DIV>
<DIV =para>Jon w.</DIV></DIV>

The Quadro in my M90 died recently, it was a video memory failure.
Luckily it was under warranty, so Dell replaced the part. That happened to fail as well, but now it appears the latest card works.

When the technician removed the quadro, the heat sinks were rammed with dust. The problem is that the dust builds up on was the internal side of the heat sink, so I was not aware of it, otherwise I would have cleaned them out. He said it was not uncommon for the card to fail.

I wanted to take it apart but Im better at taking this appart than putting them back together. never leave a cellphone at design engine for over a few days. Ill get the students to rip it all apart and photograph the pieces then get them modeling everything and build a project so they can get a job at Motorola.;)Then it all goes back into a zip lock bag and never goes back together.

I dropped it (the m90) off at the local computer store.I am sure it's a flex cable problem. I have taken those dell 9200 machines apart before (and it never went back together) and the aluminum chassis ... flex cable ... nice package.Those were designed by M3 in Austin Texas, DELL and their Taiwan partners.
Edited by: design-engine

Introduce advanced Dell Mobile workstation built. The new Dell Precision M90 desktop workstation class performance. Digital imaging and video dual core processors. A Large memory, ultra high performance, Open GL graphics and expansive.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back