Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF5.0 ARX (Photolux) THE NEW DEAL

Oh no too bad :( I was hoping I could play with it before August :O Any chance we can have a pre-production update? Ok, just dreaming :p

I know that probably the material editor in the final WF5.0 will be a little different from the preproduction version, however, I miss the "from model" command that I used to pick a surface definition from an existing model. Anyone have the same problem?

Paolo

I had this problem and put a call into PTC last week. The model's colors are supposed to be automatically added to the Appearance Manager. Mine weren't because of problems with my config.pro file. I can't remember for sure, but I think I got rid of all the entries having to do with specifying locations for the graphics library, textures, etc. and that took care of it.

Hmm thank you for the hint, I started with a "clean" config.pro for testing WF5.0 so I don't have any of the entries you mention, maybe there's something I should add/change... I'll do some tests.

BTW does the automatic loading of colors work also with old WF4.0 or 3.0 models when opened in WF5.0?

Paolo

zpaolo said:
BTW does the automatic loading of colors work also with old WF4.0 or 3.0 models when opened in WF5.0?

I have found the answer myself: it automatically adds to the library only the materials assigned in WF5.0. If you load a 4.0 model with materials assigned it doesn't recognize them, so you have to re-assign them...

Paolo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back