Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BMX influence in Assembly

kamsat

How BMX helping assembly in feasiblity study &optimization study?Is anyone having tutorials/demos for BMX influence in Assembly.

I tried the linke given by you,but It doesn't help me.Could you please provide me some other like to find BMX approach in Assembly?

What are you trying to do? The functionality of BMX in assemblies is similar to that with parts although mechanisms can also now be optimized in assembly mode. You will need to explain what type of problem you are trying to solve before you can expect assistance.

I'll get back to you later regarding BMX influence in assembly.Now could you please clarify my general doubt in BMX.

In BMX design study we can give the min & max values for the selected design varaibles ,for ex. min value is 3 & max. value is 10.We are conducting the feasiblity or optimization study.It's optimizing according to the design constrains,set goals& design variables.But the optimised value I,m getting is 5.2676 mm from the design variable min&max range what I have set earlier.

But considering the manufacturing of the part 5.2676mm is not feasible,because its a real or irrational number.I want the solutionas integer value (5)or whole number after optimization.

Is there any setting to do so?

take advantage of PTC support page

http://ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/beh12...chosen by Your own(possbile to obtain values)

You cannot round such a figure off because it would be defeating the objective of what you are doing? 5 isn't quite the optimised value is it?

Have you used 'ceil' and 'floor' commands to extract integer values from parameters?

I have no idea about 'ceil' and 'floor' commands.Could you please expain me with some examples?

ceil()--->the smallest integer not less than the real value

<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p>floor()--->the largest integer not greater than the real value</O:p>

say for example:

let d10=7.3 which is a real value 7.3

ceil(d10) = 8

floor(d10) = 7
Edited by: rudresh.hm

I have a problem to optimize a model with the goal to reduce stress acting on the surface with some constrains2008-11-06_021352_BMX_Files.zip.Please find the attachement of the model and ppt will expain you my problem.Please help me out to solve the issue.Let me know if you need anyother informations.

<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> </v:shape></v:shape>

Hello,

Please help me out to the solve my issue which has been posted on 06November2008 at 2:14am regarding BMX.Its very urgent....

FYI...

(I have a problem to optimize a model with the goal to reduce stress acting on the surface with some constrains2008-11-06_021352_BMX_Files.zip.Please find the attachement of the model and ppt will expain you my problem.Please help me out to solve the issue.Let me know if you need anyother informations)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back