Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Poor man’s where-used

chris,

I believe it may have to do with your file location. If the length of the path combined with the drawing names grows too long, it can do what you're seeing when you load it. As a test, create a folder like C:\Proe\, drop some of the drawings and their parts in there, and run it on that group. I did a test on mine with a really long path name/file name combo and was able to duplicate what you saw. But with a shorter path, it was fine. I'm not sure what the exact cutoff length is in the config file, but I already had the program drop the path/file down to its own line to try to avoid that.

-shawn

ok, that got it to work when I tested it.

Hopefully I can now get it to work on my main server, thanks for all the help!

Hi Shawn,

I tried to use the program today, and it seemed to be working correctly with one fall back. It was not closing the drawings after it did a save. This would normally be ok if you are working with only 10 drawings or so, but I was trying to upload around 90 through the program and Pro/E quickly froze. Could you build this into the program, I looked at trying to do it myself but didnt understnand the process well enough to feel comforable about modifying it.

Thanks again for all the help,

Chris

Shawn-

I ran a testwith the computerI am using here at work using a smaller amount of files so Pro would notfreeze. During this test Ialso noticed that now the files are not saving, they are just being openened. I did not have this problem on my other computer, just the oneat work thatI need to use for the upload.

Any suggestions?

chris,

In your PM you mentioned that you were able to tweak it to get it to work. I realized the problem was that the mapkey was using toolbar button picks instead of universal picks. So, it worked fine on mine but if your toolbars were different there would be problems. Here is a fixed version of the PDM converter: 2008-07-02_085603_PDMLINK_converter_3.zip

-shawn

bigdaddy (Shawn)
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Kevin,

how do you do what you were mentioning? I've never used Pro/Batch

-shawn</BLOCKQUOTE>
Go to <ProE Loadpoint>/bin and click on pro_batch.bat.
I do not remember the exact sequence of menu picks but you will select the drawing files then print them to a file. You can choose a pcf file to setup up the printer.
You then have a folder full of .ps files. Just drag and drop them onto PDFCreator or a Windows printer.
Kevin

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back