Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

slotted hole perforated plain steel

albakral

I need to create few perforated metal surfuces like in the following pictures. Using the pattern feature more than 100 new entities are added making difficult to regenerate and edit the part. This simple part is more than 5 MB. I wonder if there is a better way how to have this perforated metal surfaceor if Proe already has some pattern ready to use. Something like the command bhatchin Autocad

<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />
Edited by: albakral

Mass patterns like that seem to work better as surfaces then solidify. I assume you put the bend in later in sheet metal?

albakral

We use expanded sheet steel and ran into the large file size problem.

We ended up creating a solid part and then sketching the cut outs. In the assembly model we assign a color to the expanded part and change the color to transparant. This works for us, but we only use this for graphical representation only.

Don't put in your slots in mega patterns one at a time. Sketch in a whole row.

It takes a bit more time but it will reduce your feature count by a factor of 12 and make everything run sssssssooooooooooo much faster. This part has only 135 features instead of over 700 and is around 2,2MB

DB

Edited by: Dell_Boy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back