Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intralink 3.4 M060 and Wildfire 4.0?

dbrooks

I heard a rumor that Intralink 3.4 M060scheduled forJune of 2008 will support Wildfire 4.0. Can anyone confirm this?

As Intralink 3.x will not be supported as ofnext year and with PTC getting all its customers to migrate to Windchill I think that its highly unlikely that there will be an M060 datecode.

Well I guess if there is someone out there that knows something - they aren't talking! The rumor had enough detail to it that made it believable.

I heard that the Pro/Intralink Gateway will not be supported. But I didn't hear what maintenance release of Wildfire 4.0 it would require.

Once again I heard a rumor that PTC has changed it's stance on Intralink 3.4 support of Wildfire 4.0 in order to allow more time for Intralink users to migrate their files to other solutions.

I think that must be just a rumor. Their stance so far is that it would require too much effort to make it work with 3.4. I personally would rather have PTC's developers working on improving the latest releases of PDMLink/Intralink instead of trying to rewrite something that's already 2 releases old. Plus they warned everyone of thisfact a long time ago.

I suppose you are right. It wouldn't make much sense to make such a drastic change to Intralink right before they discontinue maintenance.

CONFIRMED! WF 4.0 Supported on Intralink 3.4

PTC World - Milan (7th November 2007) confirmed an Intralink 3.4 release for Wildfire 4.0!

Explanation: due to the customer request...

Bye

Surprising but true. I read the email about it this morning:

Furthermore, <STOCKTICKER>PTC</STOCKTICKER> has decided to expand the capabilities of Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 M060 to include Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 compatibility
Edited by: bruppert

It had always sounded like the PTC marketing folks were trying to sell the Intralink users that they had no choice but to upgrade to PDMLink/Intralink 8+ solutions.

There were technology reasons why Intralink 3.x and Wildfire integration could not be maintained - yah right!

You do have choices. Now you will have more time to evaluate them. Use the solution that meets your needs. Don't buy into the dream or it might be a nightmare.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back