Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

List of Companies That Use Pro/E wVersion

mjcole_ptc

Hello All,

I was thinking that we could generate a list of companies that we know use Pro/E and what version they are currently using if known and a years used summary such as Company A, v18-WF2 or 2001 etc., 1997-Now or 1995-2000,

I figure that to keep the post in good order we can either upload copies of the list to wikipedia or a file upload site and to add changes copy and paste into a new document or do it in the MCAD forum and with people requesting posts to be removed when information has been added.

For formatting text may I suggest the following use " | " as the column separator and a Return at end of row so you can separate the table by Other and use | as the separator as shown in the image.
photo

Formatting Idea

Text File

COMPANY NAME | Version Start ->
Version End | Years Used Range
RadiusProductDesign | 2001?->WF2

WF2+?|????-Now
Table File
<table border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<col width="85*">
<col width="85*">
<col width="85*">
<t>
<tr valign="top">
<td width="33%">

>> COMPANY NAME

</td>
<td width="33%">

First Version -> Last Version

</td>
<td width="33%">

Years Used Range
</td>
</tr>
</t>
<t>
<tr valign="top">
<td width="33%">

DePuy Mitek, Inc.

</td>
<td width="33%">

????->WF2

</td>
<td width="33%">

yyyy->Now
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td width="33%">

DePuy Orthopaedics

</td>
<td width="33%">

2000I^2->WF2

</td>
<td width="33%">

????->Now
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td width="33%">

Radius Product Design

</td>
<td width="33%">

2001?->WF2 WF2+?
</td>
<td width="33%">

????->Now
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td width="33%">

Varian Semiconductor
</td>
<td width="33%">

2001 WF2
</td>
<td width="33%">

????->Now
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td width="33%">

Name

</td>
<td width="33%">

2001?->WF2 WF2+?
</td>
<td width="33%">

????->Now
</td>
</tr>
</t>
</table>

mjcole_ptc said:
In any case I'll soon be working for a SW reseller. Even though I applied for similar positions at PTC, they mistakingly decided not to hire me.
Now I can return the Shafting.

hmm.. didn't I read that you were moving to a SW reseller? what is your reason for collecting this data?

James
Edited by: james.lynch

James,

don't be sooo suspicious.....

MJ,

Surely PTC already have a list like this one knocking about

Kev
Edited by: prohammy

Of course PTC has, they sold it....

But do they want the other SW vendors to know who their customers are...
...and do those companies want that to be public information so the others can target them for new SW sales....

I'm sure PTC has this list, I'm sure it could be of no benificial (to those of us who use ProE)use to anybody but PTC, maybe a dumbed down (do you use ProE = yes/No) could be of benifit to people looking for jobs.

I can see no reason for this list.

Regards,

James

I wish to maintain a certain degree of anonymity on this message board, so I respectfully decline your request to name my current employer. But I do know that this great big (and rather old by Silicon Valley standards) company that I work for is one of the few in this area still running Pro/E. Most other companies I work with (including every supplierat this company) has abandoned Pro/E long ago, moving to SW in almost every case. Easy to learn, easy to use, Windows-based, large user base and decent pricing: it's such a slam-dunk. Best wishes, mjcole_ptc:SW could be the best thing that ever happened to you.

for those of you that post here, and are on the SW payroll, please pick up your small checks

for the rest of you...very soon it will only matter what software Asia is using since just about anything that is manufactured will come from Asia, or be owned by an Asian company...you can stick to your hot rods and model airplanes...parts made in:_____

I hope the above never comes true...

M

magneplanar said:
for those of you that post here, and are on the SW payroll, please pick up your small checks

for the rest of you...very soon it will only matter what software Asia is using since just about anything that is manufactured will come from Asia, or be owned by an Asian company...you can stick to your hot rods and model airplanes...parts made in:_____

M

The way the US economy and investment are going at the moment only seems to be helping all the Asian countires/companies. Start your language courses now...

Kev

I don't really care now that I'm out of the Contracting Market but thought those of you who still contract and switch from one CAD package to another like one. If PTC starts loosing Customers due to poor development and MAnagement skills it will be their fault not mine.

I got the huge amount of data for PTC accounts directly from their site where they list those companies. I have a huge book of SW accounts but I'm not posting that here. I think companies should do a better job of showing where there product is used. But that has to be tied to business deals and customer incentives at some point.

Hey to each their own I see your not interested so I'll stop posting on this link and those of you not interested can go back to dissing SW on other Forums including this one.

When all the Pro/E jobs get sent to India and China because they are dropping support staff in this country maybe you might want to know another software.

And magneplanar if you have a paycheck for me I'd love to see it.

I guess you have a low opinion of VAR most likely because of seeing how PTC tries to rob you whenever they can. There is no need to post negatively about me for getting a full time job which pays me for Tech Support and Training and not Sales.

Hey I guess those who want to can go ahead ripping on me and my idea for a list which I have been working on for personal and not professional reasons. By doing so you'd just be wasting your time.

I only showed the pro/E list here but would gladly post others to the shared file I uploaded at the other site which you can PM me for the link to

NO OFFENSE

Michael
smiley18.gif

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

magneplanar said:

M

Maybe they will create a company called CTP and develop a program Rildphire that will look identical to PTC Wildfire. Much like a pickup that was shown at the Tokyo Auto show that was identical to the Chevrolet Colorado except for the logo in the grille.

this is getting way off topic hahaha

Wsylvester, ever been to the Tokyo motor show? its amazing, I go every time except this year since they decided to recombine with commercial vehicles so I missed it...It is a good thing those alfa girls are not near the crowd or there would be plenty of creative photo taking.

ahhh...car show hotties

Ive got a killer database of Pro/E companies and Solidworks companies.It's probably worth 10 to 15 thousand.Contact names, engineering directors, managers, Systems Admin etc.The solidworks managers are cheap tho ;0 Thats why they bought into the softer software.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back