Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Photorender yielding black screens???

gkbeer

Sometimes when I shade using photorender, the result is a black screen. When this happens, nothing short of restarting proe seems to help. Any one else seen this?

WF3 m100

You probably need to set up the background/room. Under View > Model Setup select Render Setup and select "render room"

You can open the render tool bar using View > Model Setup > Render Control.On the tool bar youshould see a "room" (a corner with three walls and a ball floating in space) this will bring you to the same render setup menu. If you select the icon with just the three-wall corner you will go to room-setup to select the walls/floor/ceiling for rendering and shift and rotate the room: the part spins with the typical mouse controls but the room stays in the same orientation

I have a room and lights and everything. As a matter of fact if I shut down Pro/E and restart, reapply the setup, the image will render. It's just that after some combination of operations/renders/changes in setup, photorender starts generating black screens, and it takes a restart of Pro/E to get it working again.

So is this a Bug or PIBCAK? (ProblemIsBetweenChairAndKeybord)

I actually had the same thing happen this morning while trying it out. My problem was that I had adjusted the room out of render zone (my part was "under" the room) and I ended up with a black screen.

Try this. Zoom out so you can see the whole room and your part, now scroll your floor above your part (move downstairs :) ). If you render your part now it disappears.

This may not be your problem but after I sent the response this morning I was playing with render and had the same thing happen - hope it helps.

This may not help but...

Each of the 12machines in our office makes black screen renders only. After months of investigation I chalked it up to hardware problems and gave up. We use WF2/Unix on Sun workstations and are eventually moving to a Windows platform - which I hope will fix the render issue. I run WF3 foundation advantage at home on a HP media center PC with an Nvidia FX1400 and ARX. It does a great job on rendering.

Bart

I have seen the floor move (small amounts only) depending on the zoom but not by that much.
I will look for this next time I see it happen.

Though I don't think it's a candidate as turning off the rendering of the room didn't help.

jraquet said:
I actually had the same thing happen this morning while trying it out. My problem was that I had adjusted the room out of render zone (my part was "under" the room) and I ended up with a black screen.

Try this. Zoom out so you can see the whole room and your part, now scroll your floor above your part (move downstairs :) ). If you render your part now it disappears.

This may not be your problem but after I sent the response this morning I was playing with render and had the same thing happen - hope it helps.
Edited by: gkbeer

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back