Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hook spring

It's really a question of ...

do I want one exactly like this

or do I want to be able to modify this part quite a bit.

Making helical sweep, placing a point at the centerpoint of the cross section on either sides to make anothe two sweeps is easy. But the two sweepsare not takin merge ends to thehelical sweeps.

Be sure you use the 'normal to trajectory' option for your helical sweep's cross-section. This is not the same as a screw thread, which is normal to the path.

The sweeps for the ends of the spring need to be tangent, so you need to establish an axis normal toeach end of the helically swept coil and a sketch plane normal to each end before you create the tangs. The tangs will extend at a slight angle (the helix angle), unless you use an arc at the start of the path for the sweep that forms the tang. Of course, the start of this trajectory must use the axis as a tangent reference.

Hi

Establishing an axis normal to each end of the helical swept coil shud be at the centre point of the section r where ithasto b plcd.

Can anyone show me the screenshot for the creation of axis after helical swept?

you can use the "datum curve > thru points" feature to construct the trajectory for the sweep feature..

otherwise, you can use the pipe feature as the alternative to sweep feature.

* Pipe feature can be constructed using the points (skip the trajectory step)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back