Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Despaired Dimensions

GarrySun

Hi All,
I have broken view, with two broken lines. After I made ordinate dimensions and close the drawing some dimensions always goes to erase mode. May be someone knows how can I solve this problem?

Make sure you right click or MB3 (not all people are Right handed so RMB or Right Click would not apply) and choose save status in the Layer Tree before you save your drawing.

This will ensure that all the dimensions that are displayed when saving are there the next time the file is opened.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Thanks for replay. I have Right handed mouse but can't find where is "save status in the Layer Tree"locate.

Right Click on any one of your layers in the layer tree.
"Save Status" will be second from the bottom on the menu that appears.

TK

It's only active if you have made changes to your layers that have not been saved. Otherwise it is greyed out.
TK

For save status I usually click on the bottom of the Layer Tree and not on any specific Layer which might give a different result from what happens when clicking on a specific layer. Also be sure that your working directory is the same as the drawing file.

Next time you open the drawing, create the ordinate dim and write down its dim id most likely starts with od or ad. Do the Save Status thing but make sure you are in the layer settings for the Drawing_Name.DRW (Top Level) and not an individual View's Layer settings. When you open the drawing use the find icon to search fr the dim id under dim name and see if it's there, then try to hunt down the layer that might be causing the problem

The only other thing I can think of that would cause this type of problem is the
create_drawing_dims_only Yes/No* config option

If set to the Default No then Pro/E tries to saves drawing dims in the model which won't occur if you don't have write access to it's directory.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back