Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to turn off the pre-select highlight

Gailwrath

As I move across the screen the geometry lights up as the curser crosses it. How do I turn this off.......please help.

That will set it so it's always off. To turn it off 'for now', go to Edit -> Select -> preferences and uncheck the preselection highlighting box.

Try this mapkey (for the F1 key) whichtoggles it off and on...

mapkey $F1 @MAPKEY_LABELToggle Pre-Highlighting - F1;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Edit`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Edit.cbSelect`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Edit.cbSelect`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Edit.cbSelect`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Edit.cbSelect`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_sel_filter`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selprefs` `PrehButton` ;~ Activate `selprefs` `Ok`;

Thanks All, what is the best way to edit mapkeys ? the above string is to long ( or its just me ) for me to edit in the mapkey dialog box.

Open your config.pro in a text editor lie Notepad and paste it at the end of the file and save it. You'll need to either restart Pro|E or reload your config.pro afterwards.

Thanks, works like a charm
smiley1.gif

Back in the day, we didn't have no fancy durned config and mapkey editor. We had to use a text editor, and we liked it!

Back when Wildfire 2.0 came out I turned off the prehighlight feature using the config.pro I ended up turning it back on. From what I remember it lost some of the selection functionality and made other thing difficult to use. I can't remember exactly what it was, But i did change it back to prehightlight yes.

Unfortunately this mapkey does not work in Creo 3.0. Does anybody have an updated version for Creo 3.0?
I made one myself, but it does not toggle...
All help is welcome.

Code:
mapkey $F5 @MAPKEY_LABELToggle Pre-Highlighting - F5;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdRibbonOptionsDlg` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `PageSwitcherPageList` 1 `Sel_prefs`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `Sel_prefs.PrehButton` 1;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `OkPshBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdSelFilterSet` 4;

I don't have Creo 3 on this computer but try dropping the 1 after Sel_prefs.PrehButton so it reads ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `Sel_prefs.PrehButton` ;\
that was the key to getting toggling in previous versions.

For the record, only the three Activate commands were required in the previous version. The Select and Close statements are extraneous. Since those are different in the mapkey you recorded in Creo 3 it is possible that those statements are what is keeping the old version from working in Creo 3. You might try deleting all lines except the first and the last two from the old version and see if it works that way in Creo 3.

Let us know what you find.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this mapkey does not work in Creo 3.0. Does anybody have an updated version for Creo 3.0?
I made one myself, but it does not toggle...
All help is welcome.

Code:
mapkey $F5 @MAPKEY_LABELToggle Pre-Highlighting - F5;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `PageSwitcherPageList` 1 `Sel_prefs`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `Sel_prefs.PrehButton` 1;\

That's essentially the same mapkey that I'm using that works fine for me in Creo 3. Here's mine, the only difference seems to be the dropping of the '1' that anwyl mentioned:

Code:
mapkey VPH @MAPKEY_LABELToggle Prehighlighting;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `Sel_prefs.PrehButton` ;\

Kind of funny that this thread was started back in 2007, hopefully the one who started it has got the answer by now... :)

//Tobias

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back