Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

family table & drw

kdjolly

I have a model with a family table of various features. Can I have all iterations of this part reside in the drw file without multiple sheets? Can I turn on/off the features as needed, without having to erase dimensions of features not turned on? Can I have dimensions reside on different layers? I'm using wf3 as a stand alone, no other data management software.

Yes. You can have multiple models on a drawing so just show each iteration in it's own view(s) add the next instance to the drawing and make its views. You'll probably need to use created dimensions because it might not like showing the same dimension on more than 1 view.

I tried what you suggested but didn't get the results I was looking for. Maybe I should clarify my intentions: I would like to have multiple models from a family table in one drw file but with only one at a time as the current model. I would like to dimension the part once, then replace the current model as needed & have the dimensions update. My parts are vary similar but change in length. It's the length dimension that I would like to automatically update with whatever model is current at that time. Is this possible?

You can do that too. Use File - Properties - Drawing Models - Replace and select the instance you want to use. Provided that the references you used for the dimensions are in the model you're using for the replace then all will be okay.

sounds good, but i would have made a table showing the variable values in that, instead of changing the model again and again. i don't know what is your requirement. but this is the simplest way
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back