Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parametric Technology lost a fifth of the

You can make your web based file management system right now. You can interact with Pro/e using javascript and Pro/web.link. You mix javascript, a database, a file system and pro/web.link, someone with enough time on there hands could create something worth talking about. I have a little experience with this, I developed a web based GUI for the many UDFs that we use. basically click and drag the UDF link from Pro/E built in browser to the model and it starts the install process. I even included a 3D model viewer so you can view the UDF before to select it.

I never could understand why companies take a product and chop it up and nickel and dime customers to death. You want to see PTC gain market share? Then all PTC has to do is develop a solid core application and leave the rest to open source. Case closed. More market share means more money. Then maybe they can spend more and bring technical service back from the depth of hell.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back