Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimension tolerance display

red devil

I have a driven dimension in a drawing to which I want to add a tolerance.If I highlight the dimension and right click properties, the tolerance mode is greyed out, so I can't choose symmetrical/limits/plus-minus etc. Any idea why this is?

Thanks in advance

RD

RD,

Go to your config.pro and change tol_display to Yes, that should do it

Kev

EDIT....

I thought I was the only fool (/contractor) left working at such a late hour on a Friday afternoon in rainy old UK
smiley2.gif

Edited by: prohammy

red devil,

Prohammy is right, of course...
smiley4.gif

If you decide you do not want tolerance display to always be on, then you can leave your config file as is. While inside the drawing you can set the tolerance display to be "on". You can find this option by right clicking in an open area of the drawing. Choose--> drawing setup--> drawing options to gain access to the specific drawing (*.dtl) file. Change this setting there and it will apply only to the drawing it is associated with...

cheers,

M

This helped alot. For Pro-E WF3 this command is File--> Prepare--> drawing properties

Prohammy is right, of course...
smiley4.gif

If you decide you do not want tolerance display to always be on, then you can leave your config file as is. While inside the drawing you can set the tolerance display to be "on". You can find this option by right clicking in an open area of the drawing. Choose--> drawing setup--> drawing options to gain access to the specific drawing (*.dtl) file. Change this setting there and it will apply only to the drawing it is associated with...

cheers,

M[/QUOTE]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back