Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Advanced Photo Rendering Extension ( ARX)

nimrod3

We've just purchased ARX. I'm a rookie @ photorendering. We are a plastic blow molding company located in St. Louis. I want to know if anyone has material settings for PET plastic that's translucent. PET is very shiny and reflective when blown into a bottle/container shape. There are so many settings and affects, it's hard to get started.

nimrod3

before trying to make a specific material it might be best to get used to trying to simulate a full assembly. It is always a "tweak" effort with rendering and what looks good before rendering might change alot based on your room or lights or other factors. Try to find a stock set of materials for glass and metals and test them out. Then make copies of them and adjust some simple details to see the changes. It is something like cooking you might say, try to get the mix to be how you like it by starting with a premade recipe. There are a number of sites that have free appearance files that you can start with.

cheers,

M

Wildfire 3.0 has much more tweakability for the materials. If yo have it, I would start there. Also, check out the PTC web site, there are some very good tutorials there!

Cheers,

James

Have a look on the web for material librearies. If you have peer-to-peer file sharing software like e-mule have a look on that too. I'd probably not recommend playing around with the settings too much (aside form the reflectivity and other basic settings) if you are a rookie since there are just so many variables to try and get your head round.

Phil

Hi,

it possible to take a rendering done in 3d studio max and create a cad file?
smiley5.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back