Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E jobs website?

Thanks. I have seen this one before, but there's never really much there. It's very limited. I was wondering if there was anything else... Thanks for taking the time to reply...

every metric I have available says the economy is rocking!All our four week students have jobs... And there are so many jobs available out there! That has more than doubled from last year.

Mr. Brejcha: I'm so glad your company is doing well. Now, for the rest of the Country where the unemployment rate is 9.2% and rising, where 400,000 people file for unemployment every WEEK, where are all these jobs you speak of? This is "rocking"?

I have had ONE phone interview since September of '08! In normal times I will have one or more a week! Thanks to this "president" and the democRATswho have done EVERYTHING to kill job creation!

"bye-bye" Roger
smiley2.gif

I have a list of 300+ contract agencies that claim expertise with Pro/E placements. While that list is not completely up to date it is a good list.

Secondly, I will add that it's because of the recession that our students obtain jobs. For example companies waste millions of dollars going out for a set of steel molds for plastic parts that all work together as a switch. When the parts come back from the molder the completed assembly binds in both extreme cold or extreme hot weather and an expensive recall occurs. There would not have been a recall if the manager would have asked for a tolerance stack-up analysis to be done with respect to extreme temperatures.

Hence learning the basic Ansys and basic tolerance stack-up to run an analysis. Learning specific plastics part design and making yourself an expert at one or more modules of Pro/ENGINEER also helps.... which all together sets you ahead of other simple users to exceed a potential manager expectations. Thus the manager hires you over the next joe.
Edited by: design-engine

I agree with Roger.

I used to get 2-3 calls a week from head hunters. I have not heard a peep from anyone in six months. I am happily employed and have been for many years, but try to keep up with the times.

The entry level jobs are almost non-existent, with companies hiring degreed engineers in place of designers when they can to save a buck??? There are a lot of people forced into roles that are far outside their expertise just to keep food on the table. It is a huge mess on the jobs front and will continue until next November when some real change can take place.

Just my two cents.

John

Mr Brejcha:

That's a nice list of possitions. However, John was exactly right when he said they will not hire a designer when they can get an "engineer". I realize that my AAS is holding me back, to a degree,no pun intended. However, the number of jobs out there is not what you imply. Yes, there are jobs. Just not the numbers that there should be.

What I have been trying to say is that if you specialize in something other than what you have done in the past you increase you chances of obtaining a job. Do you remember when it was easy to get a job as a detail draftsman? Thats because the jobs were plentiful and Engineers did not want to manage all the Engineering changes and needed your help to release the drawings. Now engineers do that work. Well Pro/CABLE is in demand and there are always 10 plus job openings around the country. That is because Engineers (electrical Engineers too) have not learned the cabling software and don't want too. They want to hire you to do it. Its not much fun (like doing drawings) but it pays better than ever and it's in demand. We have a one week class 19 thru the 23rd of September. There is only one student signed up and if you sign up that in the class is two and that's a lot of personal attention.

[url]http://proetools.com/courses/proengineer/procable-harness-de sign[/url]
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back