Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WARNING: layer display status was not

Niceonetidy

Hello All,

I have a problem trying to save my hidden layer status,

WARNING: layer display status was not saved happenens when I save the part. I'm sure this has something to do with it. Any sggestions?

Thanks,

I've never seen that done. It is a bit confusing, but handy. Ikeep all my layers saved as huidden. While working, I can unhide (actually, I tend to use isolate) my layers as needed, but the next time I open the part, they are all off again.

There is a save layer status icon that can be added to your config.win.

As DGS noted, It's better to set the layer status you want, for when the part is to be opened, save that. Then temporary changes to layers status are ignored when the part is saved. The downside is Pro/e nagging you with that "layer status was not saved message".

Yeah, PTC would make that message more useful ifit said "Save Layer Status Y/N?", with a config.pro option to shut it up.

Yeah it can be a pain, but there is a workaround as csusie says so its not a big problem. I dont agree though that you just leave all layers hidden, its very handy when doing a bit of surfacing if your closing down for the day, having it open up with what you were working on previous day.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back