Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cross Section Rendering,

Hi!

I usually create a new extrude - remove material feature to get the wished cross section in render environment.

If you have Wildfire, you can create a cross section and then use the View manager to set the cross-section display to active. Additionally you can turn on the visibility to see the hatching for all of the components.

If you look at this in active-render or real-time mode you can actually capture the screen to a graphic format you desire.

I've captured a TIFF but couldn't upload the file. Attached is a *.png to demonstrate the output.

View attachment 2893

If you do not have a good graphic capture package I would recommend SnagIt from TechSmith (www.techsmith.com). I've been using it for years...

Because this is a view/display setting and not a feature you can activate or deactivate the view as needed.

Thanks for the Info, I have tried that, the model changes to solid when I try and render?

I have downloaded the Snagit software trial, Brilliant!

UndertheView menu there is a Realtime Rendering option.

Make sure you turn on real time rendering.

This will keep your model in render mode while you are working on it. If you "render the model" pro/e generates a graphic and displays it for review so it does disappear if you try to do something else.

Make sure you do not request a render. It should be there automatically. This is why you need an alternate image capture tool. If you ask pro/e to generate the file it automatically regenerates the whole model (i don't know why?)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back