Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Centerline Show "Feature and View" Issue

AchrisK

WildFire 2.0 M130

I had this problem in 2000i, and I am still having it in WF 2.0.

When I try to show (Show/Earse) centerlines using the "Feature and View" option in the Show/Erase dialog box, Pro/E will never show me the axes I am asking for. I pick one or more features that I know have centerlines, and nothing happens. No centerlines show up, and the "Sel to Keep/Sel to Remove/etc" choice is not activated.

I can use any of the other five options (including "Show All") and I get centerlines for the features I want (and more).

I have always just worked around it. I have just used one of the other options and then used "Sel to Keep" to isolate the axes I want to keep. But I shouldn't have to do that.

Is it me or is it Pro/E that is missing something?

Thanks,
Chris
Edited by: AchrisK

Even if nobody has any tips, I would appreciate knowing if that functionality works for other people here.

Thanks

It never has worked for me either, and I have been using Proe since Revision 9. If there is a solution for this, I would like to know of it too. I have been doing the same work around as you have. Every time I called support, they couldn't help me at all.

I don't usually use this method for showing centerlines but gave it a shot. Just pick the feature, middle mouse button off of the view somewhere, then select the view in which you want them shown and they show up. Hope this works for you 'cause I know how frustrating it can be when pro doesn't work.

By the way, Wildfire 2 M120

Wow, straupma, thanks! I didn't realize you have to first select the feature(s), then select the view. Kinda weird, but it works. Surprising that tech support couldn't help appinmi. I do think it's a little lame. I would assume picking the feature in the view that you want to show it would be enough information, but I guess not. I guess I should pay closer attention to the prompts. I see now that they were telling me what to do.

Thanks again!

u creat a datum axis using datum points.now goto detailing apply show & erase.then u get axis. now i am using this method.

Regards,

A.Thilipkumar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back