Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Going from WS to CS

Sei-XL

Hello all.

I would like to know if anyone has ever wrote a script, or has a tip to solve my problem :

when I'm in a WS, I would like to retrieve infos available only in the common space, ex :

an object is showed as "obsolete" (ie checked in by an other user). I would like to know which user did it.

The way I do it is : - look at the directory of the object - open the CS, -go to the directory, - find the object, -look at the info of the object.

What I see would be a script which open directly the right directory in the common space.

Thanks for help

Xavier.

French user of ProE Wildfire2 + Intralink 3.4

Well finally I did it myself.

Now I have a UI script to do what I wanted ;

I select one object in my Workspace, launch the script, and then it opens the Common space, directly pointing inthe folder of the object.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley2.gif

UI scripting looks very powerful, I found this link on the forum, very useful :

http://www.profilesmagazine.com/p32/mettes.html

Bye

Xavier.

French user of ProE Wildfire2 + Intralink 3.4

Xavier

That sounds useful - how did you get the commonspace location? - from the item attribute "Folder"? - if so, how did you use this? I'm interested to hear.

Cheers
Ed

Here is the script, named dossier_final.java (store it in your .proi\.data\user.data\source). If you change the filename, change it also in the script where it appears (at the beginning)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Warning 1: use UI scripting with care, unless PTC don

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back