Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Materials and Parts in Modeling

Mr.Freeze

Is there anyone who has experience with materials and parts data for Catia V5 R15 SP3. I am creating my own materials data within the Part and Modeling and want to know if there is a better way of doing this? Does the Matlib reside inProduct or Config. I have not loaded the whole program and another person told me there should be a materials data library within V5. What is it called and where is it?I have 120 products and 30 configs but can't find anything saying CML- Catia Materials Library or Matlibetc. Where does one get a reasonable Catia file translator for development with other CAD programs? Where does one get a reasonable Parts catalogue like Partspec for Catia other than Trace. I am in Sydney Australia not Seattle so where a bit far from the action. Please respond to this forum or email to [email protected]
smiley2.gif

Also seeking source of MSC Simdesigner for V5 and other MSC
smiley9.gif

With a normal install, look in C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B15\intel_a\startup\materials.

You need to set the files for materials to be modifiable when opened in
a part or open them as a part file and modify or add and save.

You need to spend some time in the documentation under Infrastructure and Administration.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back