Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cross-Section View with Z-Clip

feisthammela

So here is my problem...I have a view showing atotal cross-section and I would like to not show all of the geometry behind the section, only some of it. However, when I try to add a z-clip, the hatch disappears. The strange part is that it still exists, because it highlights when I put my mouse over it and when I select it, but as soon asI unselect it, the hatch goes away. Any suggestions???

1. You want to be using View/Drawing Display/Component Display.

2. When menu pops upchoose "Blank" and "Picked View".

3. Hold mouse over view and right click until desired components show up and then left click.

4. Either select "OK" after each selection or when completed choosing.

5. At end click the green check arrow for drawing complete sequence.

VOILA!

PS- Explore some more with the similar functions of process displays and edge displays and you will find you can blank lines, components or change their line fonts to show a process, etc.

The only way I'm able to replicate what you describe, is when I pick the reference for the z-clip plane to be in front of the section plane. If this is not the case, the only suggestion I have is to right click and pick update sheet. But I would recomend DVSUPS advice, to turn the visibility of parts on or off, because I think it is a better practice.

Thanks, guys. I was hoping to not have to use component display becuase it can get cumbersome sometimes. I just don't understand...in the past using a Z-Clip with a cross section was not a problem.

Well it dont seem to be a problem for me (WF4 M080)

Other workarounds could be to use simp. rep, or setting the "model edge visibility" to "area" in the preference/section tab for that view.

you can try to move your z-clipping surface or datum plane very slightly

if that doesn't work try moving your X-section plane slightly

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back