Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Link between Pro-E & MS EXCEL

prasadguru

Hello, First let me tell you what my requirement is, I have a

big assembly in which number of components are more (say a 100) & I want to get the weights if each part in an excel sheet & the dimensions of the parts are changing often. Is it possible to get the updated data every time the parts are modified, in the excel sheet? If yes please, if u let me know the procedure, it would reduce my workload for almost a week. I have created an excel sheet manually to get the weights, after the minimum input of overall dimensions of the parts, is there any way to link it with Pro-Engineer?

Thanks

Regards

Guruprasad.R

For each part in your assembly:

1) Create an Analysis Feature with BMX that creates MASS parameter.

2) Create a user-defined parameter call WEIGHT.

3) Write a relation: WEIGHT=MASS:FID_ANALYSIS1

Then create a table on a drawing with repeat regions to call out your WEIGHT parameter for each part. Save the table as text. Import into Excel.

You can also check out p-BOM from http://www.buydesignautomation.com which will export your BOM, including parameters, directly to an Excel spreadsheet.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back