Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

axis by show/erage method

chandra4

Hi Guys

I am doing detailing by toolkit wildfire 2.0.

How to get axis to holesby show/erage method (using toolkit)

Thanks in advance.

regards

chandra

Chandra,

Please be more specific with your question. Are you asking how to get a handle to the axis that was used when creating hole features? What object are you working with? A drawing or part?

Hi Williams

Thanks for reply.

Here I want to show axis for the holes in the drawing, those axis are created in the solid(feature say hole).Like getting dimensions(solid) by show and erage method.

Purpose is....

1. show center of the hole.

2. For hole chart creation.

3. ForDimensioning hole.

i think now you understand my problem now.

Thanks in advance

Chandra,

I have no idea what the show/erage method. I'm not even sure that "erage" is a word in the english language. Here is how I would get a handle to the axis of each hole in the solid.

1. Visit each hole feature (ProSolidFeatVisit filtering for PRO_FEAT_HOLE)

2. Interrogate the element tree of the feature, specifically the PRO_E_HLE_AXIS. This will give you a ProSelection object.

3. Now you can do what you wish with the axis data.

Hi Williams

Thanks,

I am giving manual method how theaxis will show in drawing mode.

View>Show and Erage>Show

pick axis button then Show all

Yes> accept all.

Now axis will display for holes.

This I want through Toolkit.

regards

chandra

I am not aware of any Pro/TOOLKIT drawing functions that will accomplish that. You may want to look in the Pro/ENGINEER documentation for a config.pro option that accomplishes this. Then you can use ProConfigOptSet to set t his option in your program.

Hi Williams ,

Chandra is my friend.Here is the explanation of the problem which he discussing.

When i give dimensions to the holes in the particular view in the drawing...i need to pick the attachemnts for the Dimention creation API's...for that i need to select the axis for the hole.when i created drawing for a model...by default it won't show the axis of the holes...untill unless it won't display axis in drawing...even i visit to get the axis handle for the selection with Visit functions it won't give the result....I remember untill unless it is not dipaly any items in drawing Drawing API can't able to work.

If you want to display in drawing Show/Earse avail in Pro-Engineer...same kind of API's not avail apart for ProDimensionShow(),ProDimensionErase()....if i need to dispaly other items...no API is avail to do this.

Pl give if any kind of procedure is avail to do above req't.

With regards

Kishore V

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back