Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Behaviour in public

I see your point Speling. I also think you can be seen as a bit abrasive when you don't necessarily mean to. You are vocal about your opinions and tend not to shy away from what you're really thinking. We've had this discussion before and I think much of it comes down to the language barrier and in translating your ideas into English. Personally, I'd ignore much of what get's your blood boiling.

Speling,

Your asking me a difficult question. Admin is right when he say's that alot comes down to the language barrier.

Let them air their opinions.. But dont be so quick to discount them...dont react negatively to thier comments.. This is what's causing reactions..

Taz

Speling,

In this case i agree that trying to create a competition to fit everyones needs is impossible. But, reading the other topic you are looking at a 24 hr & 1 week competition. If this is the case, then i would have to agree with Burnsp... as many members, myself included, would never be able to enter.

If you think that the topic on the modeling forum.. If you want people to stop posting their ideas in that forum, i suggest you ask Admin or Brian to close the topic.

Perhaps setup a bulletin board, where people can only read updates from the comittee, as and when we choose to air them !

Speling,

If you close down the competition topic in the Forums, they will just start another one. Leave this open for now.

Im sure that we can ignore any counter productive comments, as we should now be concentrating on what is discussed in here.

I will take a look tonight at which are best methods to run the bulletin board. When i have come up with a few ideas, i will drop them on a topic in here for all comittee members to review first.

I will try and pop into Pro-central later on. Was unable to last night as we had a power cut
smiley5.gif

Taz

Everyone...

If you've ever heard the phrase "Perfection is the enemy of the good", you'll understand my suggestion on this competition... It seems that, in the attempt to achieve a 'perfect' competition, you are preventing youreselves from holding a 'good' competition.

I would take a hard look at how much detail and control you guys actually need for a competition like this. It seems to me that a simply competition thread with a theme and 3 or 4 rules might suffice for an initial competition. Instead of planning nevreythingout to the Nth degree, just "Jump in the water" and see how it goes! You will certainly learn a great deal.

After you've got one under your belt, the second one will be easier and you'll have a much better idea of how to better handle the details like voting, judges, prizes, sponsors, etc...

Just an observation... and I know you are all trying your best to create a fair and compelling competition for the community.

-Brian
Edited by: Brian_Adkins

@ Speling,

I am starting to get very confused ! One minute you agree with a bulletin board, and yet the last post you made on the previous page of this thread contradicts that.

Im starting to get the impression that too much "Red tape " is being created and the original idea is getting lost in there somewhere !

We need a simple competition. One where the rules are clear, bit not too many rules.

@TinaDid you ever come into situation that you support
something but have some doubts about some specific features of that!

I explained very careful

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back