Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM Balloons and Simp. reps

BONES1369

What I have is a large assembly file with simplified reps for certain views (left sider, right side...). This makes it easier to clean up unwanted hidden lines. The only problem however is that BOM balloons can only be attached to views that set to Master Rep. Does anyone know how to overide this constraint, but keep the balloons parametric?

There is a way.
Simply go to Table, Repeat region, select Model/Rep, select your model and desired simp rep.

This does not fix my problem. I have tow reps set up, right side, and left side. On one sheet I have a left side view with its rep, and a right side view with its rep. Then I have an end view that is the master rep. I need the table to be set to master rep, but I want the balloons distributed between all views. Pro-e does not allow me to move a balloon to a view of a different simp. rep. (WF2)

Anyone??

Sorry for misunderstanding.
I have the same problem, and it seams that there isn't way to solve this easy. I have also search PTC knowledge base about this issue but their resolution to this problem is that I have described in my first post.

You havetwo possible solutions:
1. add balloons manually (in this way you will loose associativity with repeat region)
2. create additional tables with repeat region associative with simp rep, put them out of print area of drawing. This way you will be able to create balloons on views with simp rep, but main table that shell be printed will be of mater rep.

Hope it helps.

If you select the balloon that you want to move to another simplified rep view. Then right click and choose edit attachment. Then select "same reference" and then click on the object in the new view.

There is an other way to do this, but it is quite labor intensive.

1. Make all views from the master rep. & posistion as needed, right, left, end,...

2. Go to View in the tool bar and select view, drawing display, component display.

3. Be sure that Blank and view are highlighted, selecet the components you do not want to show in each view. You can select a few and then hit done. Reselect view and continue. Repeat until all comp. are hidden that you want.

Hope this helps. I do this for mold designs, I also use this to show the hidden lines of the comp. I have a ballon pointing to. Use the same thing only HLR display instead of blank.

This is extremely frustrating. I would have thought that PTC would have addressed this one years ago. Does anyone know if this is fixed on WF3?

-Dave

This is not fixed in WF3, but you have another way to show balloons on all the views.

Set one of the simpreps as active and retrieve BOM repeat region. This way you can show balloons for that simprep. Continue with adding BOMs for other simpreps on the drawing.

Work you still need to do is to fix indexes of all BOMs and you need to be careful when replacing and removing/adding components, since you should then check indexes in all the BOMs.

It's not perfect solution but it works. Why PTC haven't implement the solution with adding BOM balloons to different simprep views? I don't know, but it must be something with the components being included/excluded in various simpreps and Pro/E then acts as if they were different assembly models.

scomber said:
If you select the balloon that you want to move to another simplified rep view. Then right click and choose edit attachment. Then select "same reference" and then click on the object in the new view.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this was AGAIN giving me grief
smiley7.gif

On caveat to this method is that the reference entity (line, edge, surface, etc) needs to be visible in the Simp Rep. So you have to first change the attachment in the master rep to an entity that is visible in the simp rep.

I can't believe this isn't fixed yet. I am on WF3, anyone know if it is fixed WF4 or planned or WF5 or 6.

You can create a BOM with seperate repeat regions for each simplified rep. You can then set the start index under Attributes for the repeat regions. Make sure the views are set to display the correct simplified rep. You can then add balloons and you may need to clean up the repeat region entries some.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back