Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Jlink instal test

c_dan

Hi,

I tried to run the jlink install test but I couldn't make it work.

I compiled the files with javac, I obtained the pfcStartInstallTest, StartInstallTest and RegenAll classes, but when I try to register application it doesn't work.

I get a message that says that start up application failed. Can you help me please ?

Thanks,

Dan

c_dan,

Try reading this thread. I think it might have what you are
looking for. I am not really up on JLink, but I did get it to
work.

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28 726&KW=install+test+jlink[/url]

Hope this helps.
smiley1.gif

Jim

hi guys,

if you are using proe 2001 follow these procedure:

install following softwares Pro E 2001 , java 1.1.8 while installing foldernames should not have any spaces.

Procedure
1. Set the PATH environment variable to include:
o the <Java SDK loadpoint>\bin directory
o the <Pro/ENGINEER loadpoint>\<machine type>\lib directory.
2. Set the CLASSPATH environment variable to include:
o the current working directory (as defined by the standard "." abbreviation)
o the <Pro/ENGINEER load point>\text\java\pfc.jar file
o the <Pro/ENGINEER load point>\text\java\cipjava.jar file
o the complete path to any directories that contain required .class files
(NOTE: This path is not required for .class files that exist in the current working directory.)
o the complete path to any required .jar files
(NOTE: Paths to .jar files are always required regardless if they are in the current working directory, except for .jar files used with model programs. The paths to these .jar files are set via the Model Programs dialog box opened via #Program #J-Link within Pro/ENGINEER.)
o the complete path to the swingall.jar file
(this last path is optional and only necessary if using Swing components)
o NOTE: The CLASSPATH environment variable cannot include any spaces. For example: d:\Program Files\JDK1.1.8\lib\classes.zip is not allowed. Reinstall the Java SDK to a more appropriate location if necessary.
2. Set the PRO_JAVA_COMMAND environment variable to:
o <Java SDK loadpoint>\bin\java com.ptc.pfc.Implementation.Starter
3. The J-Link environment is now configured. To test the configuration, perform the J-Link install test.

if you are using Proe wildfire 2.0

install the following software, proe wf2.0 java 1.4.2

follow the procedure as attached

2006-03-01_003150_Starting_up_of_J_Link.ziphttp://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/uploads/christot/2006-03-01_002701_Starting_up_of_J_Link.zip

if you have any probs send me mail to [email protected] my mail server will not accept mails from yahoo and rediff and all send mail from company ids

christo thomas

+91 9886810293

Hey

I know that it is sometime very hard learning J-Link, I have a 5 day class on J-Link if you are interested in attending. You can e-mail if you would like at [email protected]or go to www.felcosolutions.com to get more detail about jlink

Now. to solve our problem. If you are using Wildfire 2.0- you will need to put the protk.dat file in the Pro/E start up folder so Pro/E will know where the appliation is located. Here is an example of the protk.dat file below:

Look at the java_app_classpath and text_dir statments.

name InstallTest
startup java
java_app_class StartInstallTest
java_app_start start
java_app_stop stop
java_app_classpath C:\jlinkAppPath
allow_stop true
delay_start false
text_dirC:\jlinkAppPath\text
end

You should be ok runing this by open Pro/E and the protk.dat file in Pro/E start up folder.

c_dan said:
Hi,

I tried to run the jlink install test but I couldn't make it work.

I compiled the files with javac, I obtained the pfcStartInstallTest, StartInstallTest and RegenAll classes, but when I try to register application it doesn't work.

I get a message that says that start up application failed. Can you help me please ?

Thanks,

Dan

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back