Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Balloon creation on Dimension

chandra4

Hi, Friends

I am wondering if anyone knows Creating a Balloon or notefor the dimension in drawing mode. After creation i want move the dimension then along the dimension i want move balloon also.Please help me in

this matter.

I using Protoolkit wildfire 2.0.

Thanks in advance

chandra

Manually you can create a balloon or note with a type of "Offset" and then relate it to a dimension. Or after it's already created you can select the balloon or note and then select "Edit - Group - Relate To Object" and then select the dimension to relate it to. Either method makes the balloon or note move when the dimension is moved.Unfortunately there's no way to do this with Pro/TOOLKIT.

Hello,bruppert

Manually it possible. what you say is exactly right. But i want through toolkit is there any methods also i can greatly appriciate. Is any macro is possible here.

Thanks and regards

chandra

There is no way to do this through Pro/TOOLKIT API's. A macro won't work either because you must select on screen to pick the dimension to relate to. I submitted an enhancement requestto PTC a while ago to be able to support the Offset attachment type for detail items but right now it won't do it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back