Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Skeleton model

BojLap

Please help,
I would like to create a skeleton model, but when I want to place it in assemply the button skeleton model is shaded (not available). I want to make a skeleton model instead of a large subassembly, to make assambly faster.
Thanks for help in advance.

I have only Foundation Advantage Package. Is this not enough? Is there any other way? With envelope you still have original assambly in model tree or not?

Create a normal part in assembly. Name it skeleton and place it above all the features. You can use all the functionalities of the skeleton model with a normal part if you moke it behave like a skeleton.
Imagine a robot performing human activities. Although its not human but if you program him likewise he can behave like one.
smiley36.gif

Anyway you cant make a robot scratch your back similarly its better to purchase the AAX licence rather than relying solely on workarounds.
smiley17.gif

Scratch my back and i'll scratch yours
smiley2.gif

Regards,

Muds got it rightyou don't need AAX for skeletons or layouts. a true skeleton have very little advantage over a fake one.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back