Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Oil level in compressor

Om Bhise

I have modeled all parts of compressor and assembled. I know the qty of oil inside the compressor.

What will be the easiest method to find the oil level ?

Can parametrically oil level be changed by changing the oil qty ?

Is there any method in ProE where flexible fluid can be modeled?

If you have the BMX module it is easy. If not, well ................

so lets say that you have the module:
Create an empty part in the assembly. Activate the part and copy all the internal surfaces of the compressor into the empty part. (lets say you called it Volume.prt).

create top surface that represents level of oil. merge this surface to copied surface. Solify. Use analysis feature to calculate volume. Create a parameter with required volume.

At relation to part.
dim of surface =( required vol / calculated vol ) x dim of surface.

I've created an Avi that shows this step by step. (PM me you mail address and I can mail it to you)

just a quick add on to mstols cooment

I have done something like this except with an ice maker for the fridge

I had to determine short fills long fills and at the severest anglesa fridge might be set at so that water would spill into each compartment otherwise heating element doesnt work properly and flipper breaks when trying to expell ice cubes out

the thing to do would be to create an offset datum form the top and move it accordingly- doing this you can create a feasibilty optimaztion analysis from it

you may need to do some unit conversions to figure gallons or whatever your needing

smiley32.gif

Fantastic mstols! great tip!

I'd love to see a higher quality video just to see the exact keystrokes and clicks you are making.. would it be possible to use a free hosting site like rapidshare.de to upload a full quality one?

Thanks for the effort! it helped me out greatlyanyway!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back