Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Installation Help

bluemind

Hi,

I installed Pro/Toolkit and tried to run a sample called \pt_install_test. But that nots running . I have set the include and library folder path correctly. Also i have defined pre-processor defnitions.

I have provided the names of required lib's in project-> settings. Even then i come across linker error. The linker is unable to locate functions like

_ProTest*
_ProUtil*

I am using WinXP - VC++ .Net 2003 , ProE WildFire

Do i require to build some other dependent libraries in the toolkit

Thx

I have no idea what for is the config.pro . Does it has anything to do with successful compilation of apps??
Thx

I think looslib is referring to the config.pro option:
prodevdat <path\to\your\prodev.dat> file.
That will enable the application to be registered automatically.

Alternatively, you could select Tools > Auxillary Applications > Register
and then manually search for the toolkit application. You would then need to start the application after it is registered.

-tsl

hello,

i somehow built one app. and i used Tools > Auxillary Applications > Register.

But proe says unable to start app. Why??

Is there any readily build lib's resource available on net for proe wildfire, so that i can check that my pro/toolkit installation is correct

thx

Check inside the proedev.dat of protk.dat file. You want to make sure the path to your .dll is complete and correct.
Sounds like you are close to verifying your setup.
-tsl

i've verifed the path of my dll. Its correct only but even then error pop ups what to do?

pls check that the syntax is correct or not

NAME test2
EXEC_FILE E:/Ranga/MyProgs/ProToolkit/test2/Debug/test2.dll
TEXT_DIR E:/Ranga/MyProgs/ProToolkit/test2/Debug
STARTUP dll
REVISION 18
END

thx

Hello, Ranga

I have pretty knowledge about toolkit.

NAME test2
EXEC_FILE E:/Ranga/MyProgs/ProToolkit/test2/Debug/test2.exe

TEXT_DIR E:/Ranga/MyProgs/ProToolkit/test2

STARTUP spawn

delay_start TRUE

allow_stop TRUE

REVISION 18
END

text2.exe pl. copy in the Debug folder as name

Hello, Ranga

wheere you are using wildfire2.0

you put in rivision wildfire2.0

But you placed 18

Are you using 18.0 version of proe

regards

Chandra

Hi chandra

thx for ur reply. Even though i use wildfire 1.0, I am pretty sure that even if i put 18 in revision no instead as "WildFire" it will work. Bcoz i have tested it other m/c it works fine.

But in my m/c its not working :(. Is there any seperate license for Pro/Toolkit. If so how do i check ??
I even tested with the pt_install_test.dll given by the PTC itself in i486_nt\obj folder. But its not working in m/c. But working in other m/c (with wildfire 2.0)

Thx

HI chandra

When i put the following in protk.dat ProE crashed .. why ??

EXEC_FILE E:/Ranga/MyProgs/ProToolkit/test2/Debug/test2.exe

I renamed test.exe to test.dll (which was original) Now proe does not crash but pop up error

what to do??

This PTC has done hell job with this. I've been working on ARX for 4 years, but never had silly problems like this. Fuc*ing PTC

Thx

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back