Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Config.pro Help

sparkfun

I have been using ProE now (after switching from Solidworks) for a few months and am now looking deeper in the the program. And I am in need of some advice!

Reading all the posts about config.pro have been super helpful, thanks for all those posts! Right now Im wondering how to have one config.pro file boot up every time I open ProE, any hints? The only config.pro files on my computer are burried in the ProE files on my hard drive in a .jlink_apps file. I think that may not be the best place for the file either, any tips on a good place to store this guy?

Any hints would be appreciated. Just for clarification I am using the Wildfire 2.0 Personal version.

sparkfun

it should be stroredat your load point which should be

C:\Ptc\proeWildfire2\text may vary from machine.

to find the load point "start in" right click pro-e icon -properties

View attachment 1765
Edited by: megaladon

I have my customized config.pro in my preferred working directory. I then created a desktop shortcut to ProE and used the method mentioned by megaladon to change the 'start in' directory to my working directory.

<tg>

<h2>How Pro/ENGINEER Reads Configuration Files at Startup</h2>
Pro/ENGINEER reads configuration files automatically from
several areas. If a particular option is present in more than one configuration
file, Pro/ENGINEER applies the most recently loaded/read setting.
At startup, Pro/ENGINEER first reads in a protected system
configuration file called config.sup. It then searches for and reads in
configuration files (config.pro, config.win, menu_def.pro) from the following directories in the
following order:
  1. <li ="kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered">
    loadpoint/text (loadpoint is the Pro/ENGINEER
    installation directory) -
    Your system administrator may have put configuration files in this location to
    support company standards for windows configuration settings, formats and
    libraries. Any user starting Pro/ENGINEER from this loadpoint uses the values in this file.
    <li ="kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered">
    Login directory - This is the home directory for your login ID. Placing your
    configuration files here lets you start Pro/ENGINEER from any directory without
    having a copy of the files in each directory.
    <li ="kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered">
    Startup directory - This is your current or working directory when you start
    Pro/ENGINEER.
Note:
The local configuration files (config.pro, config.win, and menu_def.pro) in your startup
directory are the last to be read; therefore, they override any conflicting
configuration file option entries. The config.pro file does not, however,
override any config.sup entries.
You can create and store custom configuration files
in your current working directory. These custom configuration files usually
apply to specific projects.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back