Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

piston + pin

rafpax

View attachment 1751

Hello every body,

I need an help with this mechanism.

In the attached picture you can see a pin + a piston. The piston has an axial movement, while the pin can arotate too,but the red surface in the pin must be in contact with the green surface in the piston (the two surfaces are sferical).

I tried to create a cam connection between the two surfaces but I couldn't select the sferical surface to create the connection. I'm using an old WF1....

Thanks

raf

I hope everything is clear.

Thanks for your replay,

but I was thinking to connect the surface in the same way you create a cam connection, in the same way that you can find in the tutorial included in the helpcenter.

Do you think is it possible to find a different way to connect the two components?

Thanks raf

Hi all

In W3 you can create this in one direction. Interaction Part to Part. Something like cam but with liftoff. In Collision Detection Menu select Push Object on Collision.

Radovan

Did you tryed it with using the Friction ? Or Create some ribs around (the piston and on the pin) and than gear connection..

thanks everybody,

I don't really understand what you mean Miko, but i think i can't use this in my assembly.

a question for radovan: I'm using only a WF1.is there the"interection part to part" command in this WF version???

radovan says

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------

In W3 you can create this in one direction. Interaction Part to Part. Something like cam but with liftoff

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------- --

I say 3D contact is not available in WF 3.0. ptc people say they will introduce it in WF 4.0 coming in 2008. The production release of WF 3.0 is yet to come.

rafpax,

cam with liftoff is there in WF 1.0 as well.

Israr

I feel very small infront of the gurus but rafpax there is a workaround you might be interested in. use placement constraint of tangancy between the two surfaces. go to mechanism envoirment and enjoy your analysis..

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back