Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Testing installation

kaladypraveen

I am trying to set up the Pro
Toolkit environment as per the steps mentioned in Pro/TOOLKIT Wildfire
User's Guide
. I installed the Toolkit, compiled
and linked the installation test application. Then I registered it by creating a
text file called protk.dat with
appropriate entries. Then I ran Pro Engineer on which I am getting the error

When you start Pro/E to do the test and thenrun ptcstatus, does it show the Pro/TOOLKIT license as in use? If it doesn't then you're running Pro/E without the Toolkitextension licenseattached. You would need to run ptcsetup for Pro/E, and under "Additional license configurations" create a Pro/E command and add the Pro/TOOLKIT license extension to it. Start Pro/E again with this new command and check the license again using ptcstatus, or from within Pro/Echoose Help - Technical Support Info and then look under the Configured Optional Modules to make sure Pro/TOOLKIT is listed.

Thanks. That solved the license issue. But if the test was successful, I am supposed to get a new button called "-Install test" under the File menu. I am not getting that. Instead I am getting a command prompt with the folowing text in it.

Welcome to Pro/TOOLKIT - The "pt_install_test" program
Pro/TOOLKIT Run Mode SILENT
Exec_path: C:\Program Files\proeWildfire\protoolkit\i486_nt\obj\pt_install_test.ex e
Text_path: C:\Program Files\proeWildfire\protk_appls\pt_install_test
argv[0]: proe

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back