Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

My Mold Design - Pannier

Looks very nice and well done! Did you create the whole design using Pro_Mold? Could you give the steps you use in order to create a mold design? I am in need of some direction and technique from an experienced mold designer. I just started a new job designing and they are telling me to only use Pro_Mold to create mold splits and than use standard Pro_E assembly to create the mold design. I run into problems with this. Please help!!

Thank you, Tesla77

Thank you of your praise...

i am also a new proe user, about 1year experience only.

i use manufacturing to split the core & cavity & inserts.

then i use assembly to design the whole mold, including cooling channel, eyebolts, plates, lock, pin & etc...

i mean everything should design within the mold.

Why do you only use Pro_Mold for splits and not for the majority of the design. Don't you run into problems and use more steps when you design the mojority of the mold in assembly mode? Isn't Pro_Mold made to put water routing, ejector holes, runners, cavity pockets and create sliders for a reason? Why do you choose to not use it and go with creating most of the mold in assembly?

Thank you, Tesla77

regatrding the molded parts, i will check n c whether can give you some to try or not.

if i use emx 4.1 to design, from my experience, i will face more problem since all the projects i handle are quite large.emx 4.1 just suitable for small parts only.

assebly is better.

Hi tnchsg

Your design looks really great. But i have a query here did u incarporated ejector guide pins in your design for guding the whole ejector unit. It ll be of great help in production as it serves two purpose gives guidance to the ejector unit and takes the thrust while operating the mould for production.

Warm Regards

Garry

My learning Continues.....

hey

i wanna know how u determine the parting line for this part?

do u slect the mold base according to the machine type or not?

but anyway its a very good design.

smiley1.gif

the parting line for this mold considered as very easy for me...

u can get it by using the parting feature in the manufacturing - mold cavity of proe

ya...design must base on machine type n tonnage..

i m new in mold design, so i hope to share my knowledge with all of you....n learn from you too..

tq

i will not coming to this bbs for 1 whole week..

bcox i am gonna celebrate my chinese new year...

happy chinese new year to all of u too...

i think the design will be better if u reverse the direction of part.

i mean to make the core in the opposite direction.

i need ur comments from all of u.

i m not too sure about this..

but i know if reverse, the cavity would become very very thick, while core bcome very very deep...

n the daylight opening of the machine must wide enough for the whole part to eject...

but right now, my design only needa short stroke,other let therobot arm to do the rest of the job..

Hi Tan
Great design, very well keep it up man. Just I have some thing to tell u.
Make always all parts as in real they should make.
Always put draft on rectangular guides that u make straight.
Don

zaki, your design is so good...

i use emx to do, but not fully, just partial...

i found emx sometimes not so good to use...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back