Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing symbol related to dimension

bruppert

Has anybody ever placed a drawing symbol so that it's related to a dimension using Pro/TOOLKIT? This can be done manually by choosing "Offset" in the placement type dialog box for the symbol and then selecting the dimension to relate it to - or after placement by selecting the symbol, choosing "Edit - Group - Relate To Object" and then choosing the dimension to relate to. This is done so the symbol moves with the dimension.

I can successfully place the symbol but no combination of attachment types will give the correct results to relate it to a dimension. I haven't found a way to relate the object after placement either. PTC tech support says it's unsupported but that doesn't mean it's not possible. At this point I'm open to using a ProMacroExecute but since selecting the dimension requires a screen pick, this method doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

This is on Pro/E Wildfire 2 - M180.

Hi,

Here it is somthing like relevent requirement...

I need to place a balloon at each dimension in the drawing using Pro-Toolkit.I think there is no API in Toolkit for placing balloon as we have in Pro-Engineer,Insert>Balloon>Offset> option.

If i move my dimension in drawing the balloon has to move relatively.I could create a Detail entity of circle and placed at fixed distance of all my dimensions in drawing view. But i need to link dimension and the circle so that when i move my dimension the circle can move.

Let me know how can i link with those.I tried with ProDtlgroup object API but it is not taking the dimension handle in that.

Kishore V

Hi bruppert,

Have you make any progress of above issue,i too face the same symbol instance with dimension in drawing. I could not able to attach with Pro-Toolkit exisitng API's.

Let me know if you get any resolution with this issue.

With regards,

Kishore V

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back