Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro-E dies trying to sketch

daishi

I am going through a book on learning the basics of Pro-E. I
went to do a sketch and Pro-E totally blew me out to windows. I created a new
part and chose right for a datum plain and hit ok for the basic references and
it started to go into sketcher but just as it finished it totally dies. Every time
I have tried to do this, it does the same thing. I also tried using different datum
plains but it still blows me out. Any ideas?

Pro-E wildfire 2.0 education version

2200 cpu

Nvidia 5600

1 gb RAM

Hm that is strange, it shouldn't happened, so I think that this is driver problem. you should try to update drivers for your graphic card, also before that try to download from this site (in download section) some parts and try to open it and see if then ProE quits, if so then 90% that its graphic card driver problem.

Ihave the latest nvidiavideo drivers.
I tried opening another part and it did the same thing.
Should I tryuninstalling and reinstalling Pro-E?
I also tried making a new part and it did the same thing.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

Also I am using a USB Hard drive as my working directory, could that be a problem?<O:p></O:p>
Edited by: daishi

^ That is ok, first misunderstanding all year?
smiley1.gif

I am reinstalling now.

Last time I installed I had problems. The install died several times in the
setup part, and it took about 45 min to finally install, it once it started
actually installing. Would that cause any problems?

arg just died again at the license file part

started it again and it is working so far...

Install should not die, you are probably getting some data corruption. I don't know why a USB drive should be a problem but if you have an alternative drive I would try that.

After re-installing it works fine now. I do not know what happened
during the first install that would make the sketcher not work, but it is
working fine now. Thanks for all the help.

Yeah some times it happens, (specialy when you click faster than reading) o.k. then, I'm glad it's working for you know. And welcome to the club. By the way try to keep a virus scanner in your prog. and settings to keep the bugs in quarentine. That could help your pro-e stay in good shape.

smiley2.gif

Thanks for the encouragement! It really helps us
poor newbs
smiley5.gif

At school I sit behind a custom made firewall and E-Trust anti-virus (only one
virus ever at our school, and that was from a teacher accidentally bringing it in
from home)

At home I use AVG and XP firewall.

hi guys the same problem with me.

I have been working on a project & have handelled quite big projects & heavy files with ease. but at instances wildfire behaves irratically & flushes me out to windows. am not sure of the proble.

HELp
HELP!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back