Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PROBLEM OPPENING AN ASSEMBLY

AlbertHE

HELLO!

I HAVE A PROBLEM WHEN I TRY TO OPENA BIG ASSEMBLY, WHEN I OPEN IT, IT GET ME OUT OF THE PROGRAM, BUT ONLY OPPENING THEMAIN ASSEMBLY NOT THE SUBASSEMBLIES.

I'VETRIED TO ERASE THE LATEST VERSIONS OF THE MAIN ASSEMBLY ANDIT DOESN'T WORKS.

ANY SUGGESTION TO TRY BEFORE REPEAT THE JOB?

Now it might be a problem, you should try first opening all subassembly'sone by one, and then open main assembly. If that doesn't work, try open this assembly on different computer (with more memory and better performance), and even if this doesn't work then you must repeat your work again. But this time use simplified representations (create in main assembly so each time you open main assembly you chose to open simp rep and not master).

If you are running out of memory open one of the pre-defined reps; Graphics Rep would be what you probably want. Once open create user defined simp reps as needed.

You can also create a new user defined simp rep when you open the assy: Open Rep, Create New Simp Rep. Once you get to the Edit: <name> dialog Exclude the top level assy. Switch to the Include tab of the dialog. Select components that you want to load.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back