Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

GENEVA MOTION IN PROE

sampath_titan

Hi...,

I am facing a problem with Geneva motion in Pro-mechanism. Is there any option for GENEVA mechanism.

thefirst gear is having one teeth and second gear is normal spur gear.

I have to give a connection in such a way that forfive rotations of first gear rotate the second gear one rotation. But second gear should rotate only when the first gear touches it.(like geneva motion).

Please help me to find a solution.

hi all ... I maded the mechanism of Maltez cross few monthsago but without good result. I can create only one follower connection between Maltez cross and wheel . When I set all four connections between parts = Crash of running Analyses. I know that I must create interrupted move, but I still dont know how.Maybe I should create more than oneanalyses..
smiley5.gif
Does anybody know how can I solve this problem?

I am uploading the crashed animation>2006-02-23_133812_Maltezsky_Kriz-_S_CHYBOU.zip

View attachment 1871

I'm not sure on your crashing issue may be graphics or processor related.

But to make the geneva work you will need to set up four cam connections with lift off enabled(one for each slot connected back to the pin). You already have one created simply create the other threee.

hmmm....can you put your files up and I can work on it? I have
done this before. Our company does training for PTC, among many
other design projects, and I have done this same exact mechanism in
their training guide.

hi caldwell
smiley1.gif
Here you are the whole assembly >

<A href="http://mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/uploads/Miko/2006-02-24_150959_Maltezsk

Hi Dang. Thank you very much for your help I very appreciate it
smiley4.gif
I have been waiting for some answers at my quastions but I did not see your reply. I am really sorry for my late post. Thank you again.. It was really simple ..justinsert the Lift off fuction.
smiley36.gif

Edited by: Miko

HiIsrar..

Hmm so this is really interesting idea. I did not thinking about it but maybe yes..This mechanism of Maltez-Crosswas my homework from Kinematics exercise at my University. But pity for me is, that I dont have a much time to createmechanism likeyou mentioned."clock" I would like to see something like that..

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back